Monday, October 02, 2006

Standby Challenge Poll Results

The results of the September challenge poll were:

4 people (30.77%) I've gone green! I will switch off appliances instead of leaving them on standby
  • 9 people (69.23%) I was already green! I always switch off appliances and never leave them on standby
But more importantly I've learned that the issue is a lot more complex than it first appears. If I come across any other information on this subject I'll mention it here.

I've added a new challenge poll for October. This month I'll be trying to save fuel (and keep my family safer) by keeping my car tyres correctly pressurised. According to Haynes, keeping tyres correctly pressurised can save up to 8% on fuel costs, and also extend the life of the tyre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, we already do that!

I say we. I mean OldBloke, of course. He checks the tyre pressures regularly.

Melanie Rimmer said...

Somehow I could have guessed that. I bet he also checks the oil level once a week and gets the garage to stamp his log book every time he gets it serviced as well.